Apr 6, 2012


I took time out to write to my  old friend. I  walked  across that  burning  bridge.I  mailed my letter  off to  Dallas but her reply came from Anchorage , Alaska.She said : 

Hey girl,it´s about time you know? It's been  over two  years ,you know , my  old friend.Take me  back to the  days of  the foreign  telegrams and the  all night  rock and rolling. Hey Chel, we was  wild  then. Hey Chel you know it´s kind of funny ,Texas always seems so big. But you know you're in the largest state in the Union, when you're anchored down in Anchorage. Hey girl I think the last time I saw you was on me and Leroy's wedding day. What was the name of that love song you played? I forgot how it goes, I don't recall how it goes.Anchorage, anchored down in Anchorage. Leroy got a better job so he move. Kevin lost a tooth,now he's started school. I've got a brand new eight month old baby girl,I sound like a housewife. Hey Chel, I think I'm a housewife.Hey girl what´s to like to be in New York ? New York City, imagine that. Tell me, what's it like to be a skateboard punk rocker?Leroy says send a picture.Leroy says hello. Leroy says ah keep on rocking, girl, yeah, keep on rocking. Hey Chel you know it´s kind of funny, Texas always seems so big. But you know you´re in the largest state in the Union when you anchored down in Anchorage. Oh Anchorage, anchored down in Anchorage. Oh Anchorage

( Lyrics : " Anchorage" , Michelle Shocked ).

Always anchored.

Listen HERE


No comments:

People